Cyprus West University has been tasked with providing students and academic staffs with collecting services at national and international level, which will contribute to informatics, artistic production and technological innovations, open to interdisciplinary approaches, confident, free in the light of thought.
Our university will engage in academic activities with an innovative, interdisciplinary educational design that is sensitive to the needs of the people of our country, with a liberal and participatory corporate culture that respects differences and beliefs. The information produced in this context will primarily enable our students to graduate with world-class education and to have the knowledge and skills to compete in every aspect of the world in their professional careers.
University education will go through a period of rapid change and transformation in the near future and adaptation to this new situation will determine the direction of competition in other sectors. The new world order created by the twenty-first century, rapid technological developments, new approaches to education, and applications have enabled us to have a different perspective from different perspectives. The change and transformation we see in all sectors will also occur in higher education. Today, when competition conditions are challenging and knowledge becomes much more valuable, the use and transformation of educated knowledge is an indispensable reality, as the human resource that will use this knowledge when confronted as a fundamental quest will become even more valuable with competencies gained within talent management.
Looking at the higher education system and the universities' positions in this system, it is seen that they have created hundreds of years of information and research and created added value and created today's prosperity and its infrastructure. From this point of view, new universities in the system appear to be added to the higher education chain as dynamic representatives of the tradition of thousands of years of university culture and scientific research. As new universities are added to years of accumulation as part of academic research and scientific tradition, they come to the forefront with younger, more flexible technological structures. Cyprus West University was founded in 2015 and in the academic year of 2018-2019 it accepts its first students and takes its place in the higher education system. In the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, the first settlement in Gazi Magosa starts to serve as a boutique city university because it is located in the center of the city. The new campus construction in the same city and center will be completed very soon.
As a young and dynamic city university, Cyprus West University is an ambitious representative of thousands of years of scientific tradition and at the same time aims to make a difference with its unique education and training model. While we are on the way with the "Cypriot University of Cyprus, Motivate Competence" motto, we want to emphasize the necessity of bringing many competencies to the students in addition to the professional knowledge and equipment that challenge the traditional university education. The Cypriot West University is based on the principle of basic education and training, to gain competencies that will enable graduates to find jobs anywhere in the world, differentiate them from all their competitors in the global competitive environment and get them to the forefront.
The core values of Cyprus West University are to contribute to social refinement through the production of liberal, participatory and project-based knowledge respecting beliefs and differences.
Cyprus West University embraces transparent and accountable, respectful, flexible and bi-directional communication with all its social stakeholders.
Cyprus West University advocates the supremacy of science and technology, defending the autonomy and independence of education and training in all its political and economic pressures, whatever its time and conditions.
The Cyprus West University prepares environments in which creativity, learning and exploration are supported, cultural diversity is considered rich, and international students and faculty members work together in this sense.
The students of Cypriot University of West Cyprus acquire professional knowledge and skills in relation to their social circles, in the light of positive science and in awareness of traditional values as they learn to cope with the complex structure and problems of today's world.
It will be entrepreneurs, not states or big corporations, that will make the economic depression that the world falls into. But in order to become a successful entrepreneur, the student has to train and differentiate himself.
You have to think that every college graduate is looking for work. In fact, at least part of college graduates will be looking for initiatives that will create jobs for others instead of seeking jobs.
The aim of the university education is not to find a job or to start a business but to help the student to search for the truth, personal development, access to the potential and open up new horizons.
• Learning and Innovation Competencies; Creativity, analytical thinking and problem solving, communication and collaboration.
• Information Media and Technology Competencies; Information literacy, media literacy, literacy in information and communication technologies.
• Life and Career competencies; Flexibility, adaptability, initiative taking and self-orientation.
• Social and Cultural Competencies; productivity and accountability, leadership and responsibility
• The business world and students want a closer education to real life.
• More emphasis on internships and projects at universities, increased numbers of co-op programs that blend working life and education.
• The importance of international experience in the global world and the increase of student mobility necessitates that universities establish new relationships with overseas institutions and other universities which will depend on intensive mutual win-win principle.
• Exchange programs, two or three partner programs, double branch, minor partner programs.
• Unemployment around the world is very critical (about 3 billion people want to work, but only 1.2 billion people work.
• Employment opportunities must be created each year in developing countries. For example, 750 thousand new job opportunities have to be created each year for our country. The only way to achieve this is to create high value-added techno-initiatives.
• Universities should target entrepreneurs as well as research projects.
• Training should be designed to integrate and enhance the core competency and ability of the student to choose from pool programs consisting of dual, minor, exchange, dual diploma and multiple elective courses.
• In the future, the quality and quantity of these alternative programs will increase further in the direction of the demands of the Z Generation.
• In the past good teachers were equivalent to good education. However, today, with artificial intelligence, education can provide more successful results in some areas.
• 25 different teaching methods are taught for open learning programs and one is determined by artificial intelligence for determining the most effective method for each student.
• Many registered open on-line lessons are becoming more common. Many universities have begun to prefer hybrid models, which are blended on-line and off-line systems at different rates according to subject and lecture. In the education model, the less cognitive load of lessons is turned into a moderator of a mentor rather than a lecturer by dersten first, off-line system, and the heavier ones by shifting to lesson.
• High-quality video broadcasts and holograms, which are expected to be used more effectively in future education, will add new dimensions to education in universities.
• In the future, we will see more on-line training, more adverse face training, more hybrid lessons, and more common lessons.
• A typical undergraduate program consists of 240 credits from the same university. In the future, however, the student may complete his first year at university, the first semester of the second year at university B, and the second semester at an exchange program at university C in Europe. From the second semester of the third year, he can graduate from the university in China, the fourth year in Canada or in Dubai. He can graduate in New York in the fifth year. (Five universities can complete their studies in 3 continents and 7 campuses)
• Transition and adaptation between universities and programs will ensure that the ideal future education models will emerge and the scissors in the developing countries and the developed countries will narrow..
• Institutions will now seek competency and skill-based recruitment instead of looking for "college graduates" who are now blindfolded.
• If the number of badge and certificate issuing institutions is going to increase, education should be divided into small packages.
• The search for a "computer engineer" for a company that wants to develop an Iphone application or an Android application, for example, will not solve its problem
• The university student who differentiates himself differentiates the world.
• A strict academic calendar is currently being implemented. Training starting in September is designed as 14 weeks, each program lasting 8 semesters. In the future the lesson will be available at the time (semester day and time) that the person wants according to his / her time schedule and he / she can take the exam any time.
• Each course can take a bachelor's degree in 3 or 2.5 years with its own schedule or a longer time.