Dear international students, Welcome to Cyprus West University!
Arriving and settling in a new country can be hard. The Office warrants International students to feel comfortable, confident, and pleased upon their arrival to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. To get things off to a good start, orientation days are organized by the international office team at the beginning of the academic year to assist international students to feel at home on the university campus in Famagusta. Absolutely it’s not only orientation days, there are students’ clubs and societies, cultural and sports events during the semester. The international office team arranges a variety of activities to guide international students so they can get in touch with other international students. Cyprus West University has students from 20 different countries, which allows the students to interact and know many cultures in one country and one class.
As an International Office, our duties are:
- Accommodation reservation – finding accommodation, rental contracts, important steps involved in settling into a new accommodation
- Explaining and helping about visa and residency procedures
- Advise you on scholarships and external funding
- Organize cultural events in the city and campus
- Organize career events on the campus
- Academic problems of students – to guide students about what they need to
- Organize Educational Fairs
- Attend to Educational Fairs
- Supporting students’ clubs and societies
Famagusta is an amazingly beautiful environment and a student-friendly city. We hope you will have unforgettable moments during your university life.
Cyprus West University International Office Team